- Start Microsoft Word, and use the command File>Options to open the Word Options dialog box. Then click Trust Center > Trust Center Settings to open the Trust Center dialog box.
- Set the Macro Settings field to “Disable all macros except digitally signed macros”, and click OK to close all the dialogs.
- Close Word.
- Download the Word 2010/2013/2016 template files for your preferred language, and save them to a folder. There are two required files: moodleQuizStartup.dotm and moodleQuestion.dotx.
- Copy the file moodleQuizStartup.dotm to your Word Startup templates folder, usually something like C:\Documents and Settings\<your_account>\Application Data\Microsoft\Word\Startup\.
- Copy the file moodleQuestion.dotx to your user templates folder, usually something like C:\Documents and Settings\<your_account>\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates\.
- Start Word, and you will probably see a Security Warning bar at the top of the file. Click on the “Options” button to open the Security Options dialog box. The publisher who digitally signed the files is "XML Workshop Ltd.", the company I work for.
- Click the check box next to "Trust all documents from this publisher", and click OK.
- A new menu called "MoodleQuiz" should appear to the right of the menu bar, and clicking on this will display the Moodle question ribbon.
- In the Moodle ribbon, click the "New Question File" button to start a new question file. You will be prompted to save it in Word 2010 format (.docx) immediately.
At this point, you should be good to go.Last modified: Monday, 4 February 2019, 3:11